Saturday, October 30, 2010

Music in the Morning: The Arcade Fire (and Diarrhea!)



Please forgive me Dear Reader,

I know I haven't been on the internets much in the last few days, but I have been visited once again by my old nemesis, Diarrhea. No one to blame but myself, really. People tell you everyday not to eat raw eggs, but do I listen? No. After baking brownies for the Poz-Luck last monday I, like a moron, went ahead and licked the bowl with such a fierce enthusiasm i was practically giving the middle finger to any local deities governing gastrointestinal disorders.

I mean, it's not like i am somehow unaware that i am prone to ailments of the bowels (this is only the third effing time this year i have gone to the hospital for diarrhea.) I knew it was a bad idea, and i went ahead and did it anyway. It was foolish, and hubristic, and as far as these things go I should count myself lucky i wasn't turned into a spider, or a pillar of salt, or something.

On the whole (no pun) I think i got off light. This was not so much a gastrointestinal holocaust as it was, say, a Brown Shirt march (again: no pun). I've been to the doctor and my symptoms seem to be receding.

Who knows? I might even be fun again before Halloween.

-b

No comments: