Monday, October 18, 2010

Life in Cloud City

List night was pitch perfect.

One of those nights that pulls you, gently but relentlessly, from golden moment to golden moment. Which exceptionally delightful considering how the day had me kind of plowing through a gauntlet of heavy emotional conversations that touched on every aspect on my life; career, home, family, friends. I was pretty emotionally exhausted by the time I got to Holy Cow. I really would have loved nothing better than to turn around go home.

But this was a special  occasion, a celebration of the music of Patrick Cowley. My friend Ryan had flown all the way from New York to spin and it would have sucked pretty hard for me not to stick around for his set. And I'm effing glad i did. Ryan had a tag team set with Ron Like Hell that had the crowed going crazy. I danced my little booty off with good friends and total strangers all night long. Thats always been one of my favorite parts of Honey Sundays, how it can feel like my family's living room but still bring in sexy amazing people from all over the world, whom i've never met.

And with the move to Holy Cow i think the Honey Soundsystem boys are really hitting their stride. The Paradise lounge had a lot of character, and i had some awesome times there. But Holy Cow is a GREAT space. Good bar placement, awesome sound system, and the dance floor is just the right size. And every sunday since the move has been a home run.

But all good things come to an end. They finally kicked us out the bar sometime after 2am and i drifted back to the castro arm in arm with my ex-husband/brother/friend, Adan. We talked about old times, and the new times. But mostly we talked about how lucky we are to be us, living here, in the time that is now. And what it means to have a front seat to the queer cultural renaissance.

No comments: